Saturday, March 30, 2013

Welcome Aviva Juliet and Violet Behira - 3.26.13

We did it! Aviva Juliet and Violet Behira were born on Tuesday the 26th of March. My perfect little monoamniotic girls both came out crying at around 10 in the morning. I survived the c-section (but I much prefer giving birth the other way). And aside from a couple minor setbacks which have since been overcome, the girls are doing very well in the neonatal unit.

The girls' cords were not tangled or knotted. Neil, who saw the babies come out, said the cords crossed over each other a time or two, but once the cords were cut, they quickly untangled. We are so incredibly fortunate.

I keep looking over at my little babies in their bed and being in awe that they were both in my belly and that they are both here with us and beginning to thrive. Having them in our lives is truly a miracle. I am already feeling the exhaustion that will come from caring for two newborns, but I also know it will all be worth it. It has all been worth it already and they have only been here five days.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Iam a mommy of mono mono twin girls too!! Get ready for a wild ride:-)!

    ReplyDelete