Monday, March 25, 2013


Tomorrow morning if all goes well I get to meet my baby girls. It is incredibly hard for me to believe, but it is starting to feel real. Today we had our final ultrasound and met with a maternity ward doctor and an anesthesiologist. I also had a long conversation with a midwife and I think I am as ready as I will ever be to have my body sliced open. It is funny because I know so many women who have had c-sections, and they have all survived and said it wasn't a big deal, but to me it seems like a big deal because I have not experienced anything like it before. I am not totally freaking out, but it will be best for me not to think of it between now and then.

In about two hours, I will have my final monitoring session where we watch both babies' heartbeats for about 30 to 40 minutes. Since checking in on February 11, we have monitored them 128 times. Tonight will mark the 129th heart rate monitoring session of my inpatient stay and we had one session before I checked in making a nice 130 times these babies have been followed on fetal heart rate monitors, 130 times I will have had big straps around my belly securing the ultrasound-gel slathered monitors against my skin. Ah, memories.

We have had approximately 32 ultrasounds during this pregnancy! When we started out and still thought it was a normal one-baby pregnancy, I remember feeling bummed that in Denmark they typically only do two ultrasounds each pregnancy. I certainly did not need to worry about that.

I have gone through two tubes of Locoid 0.1% hydrocortisone cream to keep my PUPPS rash in check. And, as of today, I have been in the hospital for six weeks.

Tonight marks the first night of Passover and Neil, Riley and my mom brought a Seder to the hospital. Considering the fact that we were in a hospital with a 2.5 year old, it was a really nice Passover meal. Yesterday, the Copenhagen Chabbad rabbi, Yitzi, paid me a surprise visit. He gave me some matzah and told me that Passover is a good holiday to have surgery and to have new babies because there is extra protection at this time of year. I am holding onto that idea going into tomorrow morning. (Thank you, Yitzi)

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting us in a myriad of ways through this whole crazy time. Thanks for your continued good wishes and healing thoughts as we go into tomorrow. It feels almost crazy to take these babies out now, while they are so little and still growing, but I keep reminding myself that from this point on they are safer outside than in. I can't wait to meet them and we will do our best to share news of their birth with all of you soon.


  1. All the best of luck for tomorrow!!

  2. It's already tomorrow there, so perhaps your family is nearly enlarged. Looking forward to happy family photos of "table for 5".

  3. Best of luck to you all!! Will be sending prayers and positive thoughts for a smooth delivery.